CHALLENGES OF LIFE - "I Will Finish My Talk"

Mabel came back to the hall, she thanked everyone seated then directed her attention to Mr. Abdul-Karin and said “I thank you so much my leader for granting my request. The reason I made this request that I should be released for a while is to make a difference, to leave a mark, to make history, so that In the future, someone will rise and say, Mabel said it before, that such a thing will happen” “Please my father and leaders, do you permit me to make this remark?”

“My daughter we are very sorry for the embarrassment we caused you” said Papa Aderemi Politely, we didn’t mean to hurt you and we didn’t brought you out on your request because we wont send you back there to the dark room again. We didn’t bring you out just to make this remark you requested, rather! We ask you to come out because you don’t belong there. Nevertheless, if you have anything to tell us, we are listening”.



I thank you so much big daddy. May you live long and see how great every one of us will be. Please every body listen carefully to me: I have heard so much! I have seen so many atrocities being committed; I have wondered why we become so wicked to ourselves. I have learned my lesson. Bad things may start somewhere but don’t always end where it started. But I want you all to remember this day that those we relied on have failed us. Our elders who are supposed to be Mild tempers and gentle have become wicked and wild. The people we tell our secretes have turn around to expose us in the market place. Those we lie down together with in the same room as brothers and relations have gotten up in the mid-night and open our door for robbers and kidnappers to come in. Oh! What a life? A life of betrayal and deceit, a life where when someone known’s he’s wrong, instead of feeling sorry, he exonerate himself by force.

My elders, fathers, brothers, husbands and our leaders, do you know that we the Edunero’s, Yorinle’s, and Ibokele’s have been made miserable by our own blood brothers? Do you know that we have been disenfranchised for long? By our clansmen, our relatives. Even in our miserable state, our brothers do not allow us to reach our natural lifespan. They cut our lives short either through terrorism or by the cover of herdsmen. This is a challenge for us the Ibokele’s, Edunero’s and Yorinle’s. But whom do we challenge? Is it our brothers the Habekona’s, the Noribalu, or the Wabudu brothers that has been taunting us since the founding of this great empire? We are well aware that our other brothers have divided this nation and named the three clans that belong to them; Wabudu, Noribalu and Habekona the ARERE people. While the Ibokele, Yorinle and Edunero are tagged as, the UTARI people. We agree! 

You understand quiet well my respected leader Mr. Abdul-Karin that our well knowledgeable father from the Edunero clan was the person that single handedly commence the process of calling for freedom from our foreign oppressors to the World Authority to intervene in our case of starting the fight for freedom from them. But because of the genuineness, love of goodness and hospitality of our great grand fathers, now our deities, towards all, they pretended not to be aware while one of the sons of Arere people cunningly went behind our father and collected the power of attorney of this empire, from the white men.

No comments:

Post a Comment